Terms and conditions
Conditions of sale
- The following terms and condition apply to all Acco orders and sales. By placing an order the customer accepts and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The goods are shipped at the buyer’s expense and delivered to the address indicated by the buyer.
- If an order is undeliverable, Acco reserves the right to cancel the agreement ipso jure. In that case, the seller is obliged to notify the customer in writing of the order cancellation. The notification should be sent prior to the expiration of the delivery period provided that the delivery attempt was made within the validity period of the offer. In case of a partial delivery, each order is treated as a separate purchase.
- Prices (in euro) are indicative only and based on exchange rates and publisher rates. All displayed prices include VAT (6% on publications, 21% on all other products). Shipping costs are not included in the price and are the buyer’s responsibility, unless otherwise agreed. Shipping costs depend on the shipping country and may vary based on the total order amount or the number of items ordered.
- The buyer has the right to cancel an order within 14 working days following receipt of the goods. In that case, the buyer must return the purchased goods in their original packaging within 14 days. Buyers are responsible for the returning shipping costs.
- Any complaints or disputes must be filed by registered letter under penalty of nullity within 14 days of delivery. If a complaint is found to be justified, the liability of Acco cvba is limited only to the exchange of the goods.
- During the order process, the customer is given a choice of payment methods. Additional payment or order conditions may apply to your order. For bank payments, the payment date is the date the payment is credited on the Acco cvba account.
- Customers who order online with Acco, will receive an e-mail with the estimated delivery time. In-stock items are usually delivered 1-3 days after your purchase. Items that are not in stock are ordered by Acco as soon as the order is received. The delivery time depends on the type of publication.
- E-books are delivered immediately online (a download link is sent). Purchased e-books cannot be cancelled or returned.
- A written reminder regarding overdue payment will be sent to the customer. If the notice of default remains without effect for 14 days, an additional damage fee of 10% of the outstanding payments applies (minimum fee €40, maximum fee €1000).
- If Acco needs to rely on a debt collection agency to recover outstanding payments, the incurred costs will be added to the outstanding invoice. These collection costs will be at least 15% of the amount overdue, with a minimum fee of €50. However, Acco reserves the right to claim the reimbursement for actual costs incurred.
- Acco cvba shall remain owner of all goods, until the full amount of the invoice value has been paid. In case of non-payment or partial payment, Acco cvba reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contract.
- All Acco cvba contracts are governed by Belgian law. The courts of Leuven have exclusive jurisdiction to rule on any disputes.